2022-2023 Tuition Information
Tuition and Fee Schedule
Tuition Assistance Information
2022-2023 TA Tuition AssistanceApplication Deadline: May 31st, 2022 INTRODUCTION Talmudical Academy of Baltimore is committed to opening its doors to all children regardless of their parent’s financial ability to pay full tuition. The following information will guide those families who wish to apply for scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year. TA’s tuition committee takes its responsibility very seriously and functions with the mission to:
- Assist TA families with sensitivity, compassion, fairness, confidentiality, and individual attention to each family’s circumstances and;
- Appropriately support any of our families in sending their children to our Yeshiva.
- Prioritize their Yeshiva tuition payments over discretionary expenses and view their financial obligation to the Yeshiva as a basic living expense that takes priority over non-essential spending.
- Provide transparency in their scholarship application, giving a true picture of their financial position. Taking advantage of the tuition assistance program is unfair to other families who truly need assistance and diverts funds from them, as well as other essential school programs.
- Maximize any available outside funds including the BOOST Scholarship Program, Children’s Scholarship Fund, and other such grants and awards.
- Financial strength based on your income and assets- Significant savings in cash, stocks, bonds, or other investments, as well as significant contributions to your retirement plan, are means that could be used to fund your tuition bill.
- Housing and Transportation– While often families must make legitimate housing choices based on their family size and other factors, luxury housing purchases/renovations and luxury vehicle choices are lifestyle choices that our Tuition Assistance Program is not meant to subsidize.
- Tzedaka–Tzedaka Funds should be prioritized in consultation with each family’s Rav, with emphasis on allocating funds to pay current yeshiva tuition obligations.
- Retirement / College Savings- Careful consideration should be given to funds allocated to 401ks, retirement accounts, 529 plans, and the like in light of current yeshiva tuition obligations.
- College/Seminary/Beis Medrash tuition - We understand that college/seminary/Bais Medrash education is important and can be very expensive. Please explore your college/seminary/Bais Medrash financial aid options (eg: student loans, deferred payments) as these are avenues to reduce your overall financial burden that does not exist for yeshiva elementary and high school tuition.
- Travel & Vacation- The benefits of travel, vacation, and spending time together as a family outside of the home are very important. There are numerous low-cost, high-value opportunities to enjoy family vacations on a budget. Many families make appropriate decisions in this arena to help make ends meet. As a general principle, scholarship preference will be given to families who travel or vacation within their budget in light of all the various obligations.
- Complete the Tuition Assistance Form As in previous years, this is a shared form that is utilized by many of the local schools. If you have children in multiple participating schools, this form should only be completed once.
- Submit required supporting documentation to help the committee understand families’ financial situations.
Required documentation includes:
- 2021 tax returns
- 2021 W-2 for both parents, where applicable
- Any business tax returns, where applicable
- The Tuition Committee will review the completed application and asses the required tuition amount.
- All applications must be completed by May 31st, 2022.
- Fill out THIS SHORT FORM to attest that your family income did not change by more than 10% since last year and you do not expect it to change by more than 10% during the upcoming year.
- The process is complete and you will be assessed at a prorated tuition increase from last year’s tuition without any further paperwork or .
- The form must be submitted by May 31st, 2022.